Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Tsunami Rose Designs - Halloween Card Tutorial

 photo tsunamirose_designteam_badges_lindagold_zps193f1ea9.gif


Its tuesday, and time for me to do a tutorial for Tsunami Rose.

I don't know if there is a name for this card, the idea popped up in my head last week.
If you know a name for this, just let me know. =)

*****
Start with a 12x12" cardstock that you score at 3" and 9".
Then turn and score on 3" and 9" again.
Cut and take the "corners" away. (the ones marked with an X)


This is how it should look when you have taken the corner parts off.


Fold on the scored lines.



Now its time for some patterned paper.

I have used;


2 pieces in the size 4½ x 4½"

2 pieces in the size 2½ x 5½"
(also 2 more pieces in the same size that you will see on another picture)
4 pieces in 4½" x 2½"



As a mat for the patterned paper I have used

2 pieces in the size 5 3/4" x 5 3/4"
8 pieces in the size 2 3/4" x 5 3/4"



Now you can assemble the inside of the card, I chose to chalk the edges first.



Before assembling the back and the "front doors" of the card I choose to add an orange ribbon, to be able to close the card later on.



Here you can see how it will look when the ribbon is on place.

After this step you can assemble the backing paper and the papers on the "doors". ( The papers I used on the doors is shown on a later picture)



Next step is to decorate with papers/decorations of your choice.

I have added some stickles and rhinestones to make the papers pop out even more.



I added some 3D foam pads to make the banner pop up more



Here you can see the papers I used on the doors.
I added a lot of Stickles here too....you can never have too much bling if you ask me 



A close-up where you can see that I even blinged some details on the pumpkin


The back of the card.
I added stickles on the "net" pattern, and that I have done on all the patterned papers.



The spooky papers I have used comes from "Witches Brew" Printable Journal Kit.
Just click on the picture under this text and you will come to the shop right away.

 

Hope you liked my tutorial, and my card.

Take care and see you all soon again.

Hugs from Linda





7 comments:

Cara said...

I've seen cards similar in design Linda but not sure it's called. Either way, this is a great card and will be fun for the person who receives it! Thanks for Sharing! XX
Cara
BIF

Marie97 said...

Lovely card...such a fun fold and beautiful vintage papers. TFS from BIF

http://ilove2cutpaper.blogspot.com/ said...

Great, clear tutorial. Love the papers.

Joanna (BIF)

Unknown said...

This Is Really Nice. Love The Various Papers. Thanks For The Instructions Too. Shannon BIF

Haidee said...

thanks for the example
super adorable card-
TFS that creative side of you
from BIF group

Sukie said...

Fun card for Halloween! Such pretty papers too, thanks for sharing the tutorial! BIF

Kimberly Pate | KP Kre8tions said...

Great card Linda and a wonderful tutorial to make it easy for any of us to follow along and duplicate your idea.

Kimberly
BIF